First start by making a vanilla cupcake.....
1 vanilla bean
1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup oil
1 tablespoon pure (not imitation) vanilla extract
2/3 cup whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. In a small bowl, combine sugar and seeds from the vanilla bean, stir and set aside.
3. Mix together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the vanilla bean sugar and mix until well combined.
5. Add butter and mix on medium-low speed until mix is combined and crumbly.
6. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
7. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined.
8. Slowly add milk and mix on low speed until just combined. The batter will be liquid.
9. Fill liner about half way, then bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. (about 14 minutes)
While cupcakes are cooling make the frosting.
Warning: THIS FROSTING IS ADDICTING....
3/4 cup unsalted butter softened1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3-4 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup sour cream
¾ cup Butterfinger center powder (remove chocolate from candy bar, and crush centers)
1. Cream the butter and peanut butter together until completely combined.
2. Add vanilla, sour cream and butterfinger powder.
3. Then slowly add the powered sugar until you get the right consistency.
Frost and garnish with Butterfinger crumbles
And these are fantastic as a mini.
Perfect bite sized yumminess!!! Enjoy!