Hmmm... Might be my favorite so far :) It's a toss up between these and the
Butterfinger Cupcakes (which I will post recipe for soon).
Ingredients for the Chocolate Hazelnut Cake:
Devils food cake mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
24 tsps Nutella (1 per cupcake)
Ingredients for the Chocolate Hazelnut Buttercream:
1/4 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup Nutella
2 cups powdered sugar (approx.)
3 to 4 tbls heavy whipping cream (approx.)
24-72 toasted hazelnuts
7 tbls Nutella (for drizzle)
First batch I made just had one hazelnut, but they are much better with three on each cupcake
second batch (much yummier) :)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin tins.
2. Beat water, oil, milk, vanilla and eggs together with a electric mixer.
3. Sift in cake mix and then add sour cream.
4. Fill cupcake liner 3/4 full and then drop the tsp of Nutella into the center of each cupcake.
5. Bake for approx. 15 minutes or until sides spring back (centers will stay gooey because of Nutella).
6. Remove cupcakes from oven and cool.
7. Toast hazelnuts in oven for about 6 minutes (until the skin rubs of easily) remove from oven and cool.
8. Buttercream: Beat butter and Nutella for 5 minutes, add vanilla then alternate back and forth adding a little bit of powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream until it's the right consistency.
9. Pipe buttercream on cupcakes, add hazelnut and then drizzle with warmed Nutella.